Sunday, June 01, 2014

June project

  Last winter my quilting mojo became knitting mojo and I barely sewed at all. Well, at least not a lot for me. Since I have been out on disability for my foot I have taken the time to get back into my sewing room. Just a little at first, some new kitchen curtains and a few bags. 
Then I started to work on works in progress, getting a feel for what I need to do to get them done. 
I finished one top, started sewing the strips on another set of blocks that were pinned onto the wall, did some hand quilting on a quilt that I am doing by hand using my beautiful thimble and sewing kit that were a gift from a distant friend. Thread by thread things are progressing and I am using up what I have. 
For a long time, while working and commuting I have been purchasing supplies  for "when I get to it". Mostly that never comes. 
   While I still buy the occasional book and skeins of wool, I have slowed way down on buying fabric. 
Yesterday I decided to start a new quilt project using Inklingo and inspired by Carol Muse Skinners wonderful Japanese X quilt 
Anyone want to join along? 
  I have cut the freezer paper into 13.5 by 8.5 inch sheets in order to take advantage of the combo printing options and I am going to print all of the blocks first. This is new for me. I am taking a page out of Cathi Godwin's blog:) She prints all her shapes ahead of time. This makes sense to me!

My bin of Kaffe Fasset  fabrics is out and ready. I will make my quilt 105 inches square and maybe add a border if I have the inclination. I think I will make matching pillow shams as well. 

So -what are you working on?

No comments: