Monday, June 16, 2014

Are you Kaftan ready?

I was catching up on thewomensroomblog.com and this catchy title caught my eye. Why yes thank you. I think I will.
not me-pic from thewomensroomblog.com
This fabric was once a bed spread but I think it will do. I used part of it for something else but I can probably wrangle a shortish kaftan out of it. Ttyl.~ m
i crack myself up
so here is the long verson and it resembles nothing so much as a pillowcase. So I did shorten it quite a bit. the whole exercise has been sewing by deduction. It does look better with a shorter bodice as well as skirt but it is still pretty wide. I may leave it as is because it is supposed to be baggy and it is wearable as a beach cover up. . . but I may trim it. in either case it is a finish for the month of June.

No comments: